This is my crafty, creative, crazy life! Sometimes I just like to Hide n' Go Scrap!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Twilight Altered Cigar Box

I wanted to share the Twilight themed Altered Cigar Box I created for a swap. Recently, I have fallen in love with cigar boxes; and, altering them is a great outlet for collage-style (which I love) creativity!

My partner in this swap picked Edward as her theme. 

This is the what I created:

I used a cigar box that was already black to begin with.  I used deep red rose paper to cover the top for the background.  I used bling to give it some sparkle and I also added dimensional flourishes and roses. I chose to place the pictures onto tags because I also love to create tags!

 This is my favorite quote from the entire series so I just had to include it too! How perfect that it happens to be an Edward quote! 
(It doesn't appear so washed out looking in person.)

 I used glittery foam letters for his name and found the perfect silver trim to accent the box all the way around.

For the inside I had this vision of a collage using lots of different Edward pictures from all the different movies; I think it turned out quite dreamy!

I used red velvet paper to line the bottom of the inside and small black trim to go around the inside edges.  The trim gives it a more finished appearance.

This is a close up of my collage. I also turned this picture into my desktop background on my computer at work; how nice to look at Edward all day long. I used gem hearts, dimensional gel flourishes and roses for accents.

I had so much fun creating this treasure for my partner; I was actually quite sad to see it go. But I know she will enjoy it and I can always create more whenever the mood strikes me! I think next I may try to do one for each movie in the series, that sounds like therapeutic fun for sure!

Now I will leave you with a close up of my favorite tag from the front of the box, enjoy and until next time be sure to...
Hidn' GScrap!


Mmmmm...nice! 

6 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE it! Very cool Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love it! i think I already told you but wanted to leave you some comment love! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shelly & Kirsten! I appreciate the love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a terrific job with this. Love your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! love how you used tags on the front! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ladies!!! I appreciate the visit.

    ReplyDelete